Samstag, 1. September 2007

unexpected sadness


David is back! I should be completely happy, but:

Some days ago on my way to work I saw that the police screend an accident from view.
At a crossing which I usually cross, too. But that day I've chosen a different route. I thought: "Strange, now I know why my intuition told me not to take the shorter way although I am late!?!" Because as I had to wait at a red light I really thought about how ridiculous it is to wait instead of taking the shorter route. But then I thought that it is better to wait. But the most strange thing is that in that moment I also thought that I will find out why it was better to bike the longer route!

The day after on my way home I saw people bringing flowers to this place.

I don't know why this strikes me so hard. Maybe due to my apprehension. But maybe because I am able to relate to the feelings of this people who brought the flowers to this place of death. Someone they loved maybe just wanted to go to work but went out of their lifes!

Because life is short and fragile this is one of my most important mottos:

"Do not save your loving speeches
for your friends till they are dead.
Do not write them on their tombstones.
Speak them rather now instead!"



Edi - I did not have to write it on his tombstone!